- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen reduced-calorie strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix (such as Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain thawed strawberries well; discard juice. Pulse in a food processor until pureed; set aside.
- Combine cake mix and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed 30 seconds. Add pureed strawberries; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts; pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Arrange sliced strawberries on whipped topping, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle almonds over cake.